The Messina Family

The Messina Family
Barcelona 2010

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hard Life Lessons....


My friend calls these birds "clam diggers". They have a huge bill and are VERY loud. They love to tease the dogs!


A preschool class having their lessons outside by the fjord...we also saw a group of about 70 school kids and their teachers out on a bike ride!


A huge male pheasant...they are everywhere (and protected) in Norway. This one was bigger than a chicken!

My favorite house...it's being slowly built along Hafrsfjord...all windows for the view!



Joe got back from Sweden on Sunday afternoon. He (and all of the people from ISS that traveled with him) were wiped out. Did they sleep at all during their four day stay? I am not so sure. I didn't even want to ask. I have never seen such tired looking kids (and parents and coaches). Joe slept for 3 hours that afternoon and then went to bed on time that night. He is never one to get up in the morning...I love having to call him 3 and 4 times every morning. :o)
To make a long story short, Joe missed the bus on Monday morning. Lily wasn't up and ready to go yet, so he worked on cleaning his room until we were ready. Oh, did I mention that Rich had my car? Yes, we had to hoof it to ISS. That is over 5 miles away, one way. Luckily we had very nice weather. It took us an hour and 45 minutes to get there (and then another hour and 45 minutes to get me back home). I told him that when he sits down to eat his lunch, I will just be getting home...after walking for 3 1/2 hours straight. I am hoping it taught him a lesson....he kept telling me how tired he was that night. I just grinned as I popped the blisters on my heels after over 10 miles of walking...pushing Lily in the stroller and having Kona along as well. Kona only walked about 1/3 of the time. She preferred to see the sites from the stroller next to Lily!
We took a few pictures while walking...it is a lovely walk....just a long one!

No comments: