The Messina Family

The Messina Family
Barcelona 2010

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Visiting the Neitzke's in Michigan


Joe standing by the Butcher's corn - some of the first planted of the season. They were growing pretty fast, as this was the third week in July and as my Grandpa Neitzke used to say, "The corn should be knee high by the 4th of July."

The kids with Uncle Craig's corn field...he planted later.

The Messina kids pose in front of Uncle Craig's soybeans in Wheeler, Mi




A close up of a moth (or miller as they call them in Michigan) that Joe took a snapshot of.

Tim didn't get his height from his grandma! :o) He enjoys baking...and decided to help her make some peanut butter frosting for cake.

Lily helps Grandma bake as well. She has been pretty solid about wanting to grow up to be a chef (and a basketball referee on the weekends). She has stuck to this idea for the last couple of years.

A beautiful sunset in the countryside at my parent's house in Wheeler, Michigan.

Sleeping beauty...Lily Su.

Cyndi with her boys, Joe and Tim, her daughter, Lily, and her dad, Walt Neitzke in his home in Wheeler, Michigan

The Messina kids with their grandparents, Karen and Walt Neitzke, in their home in Wheeler, Michigan.

After 5 days in Indiana with my sister's family, we drove north to mid-Michigan to stay with my parents in their home in Wheeler. We got to see all of my aunts and uncles and several of my cousins and their kids. I also got to see a former classmate and friend, Aaron, whom I hadn't seen in 25 years. (We had both changed a bit...we were about the same height back in the 7th grade...I stopped growing and he grew another foot and then some!) It was nice to catch up.

I always enjoy going to my parent's house. I didn't grow up there...my dad was military so I grew up moving all over the world. However, I feel like I have a link here because I have many of my family members there and lots of friends as well.

No comments: