The Messina Family

The Messina Family
Barcelona 2010

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Rostock, Germany





















When we made our stop in Warnemünde, Germany, Rich and went our separate ways. My heritage is German..and I was even born in Germany (back in the day when it was East and West - I know...I am ancient!). We stopped in a little port town that was in the old East Germany. There isn't a whole lot to see in this port town, but there were trains available to head to other German cities. Rich stayed close by and went to Rostock. It was the next closest city to our port city. He spent half a day there, walking through the old Hanseatic League town. There are 7 medieval churches in Rostock and lots of cobblestoned roads. These are some of the pictures he took while in Rostock.
Craig, Mayra and I hopped on a train and took the 3 hour journey to Berlin. Rich is running the Berlin marathon in Sept...so he'll have the chance to look around when he is there. However, I couldn't turn down the opportunity to learn more about Berlin!

No comments: