The Messina Family

The Messina Family
Barcelona 2010

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Rome, Italy














At last....goodness...the last stop: Rome. There won't be a lot of pictures that are good because I only had my little point and shoot camera with me and we were touring in the dark for most of the time. As I said, we left the hotel at 1:30 and didn't get back until nearly 10:30 p.m. that night. We got on a hop-on-hop-off openair tour bus for some of the time to get us to sites more quickly. We got to see the colloseum, Trevi Fountain (and threw the required coins in), and the pantheon just to name a few. Honestly, I would have to look up the other piazzas and fountains and oblisks we saw in our tour book to give you the proper name. We did see a lot. We had no trouble sleeping that night! We also stumbled upon what two exiting repeat customers told us was "the best pizzaria in all of Rome" in a back alley. It was delicious! Ever had French fries on your pizza? I had prociutto and potatoes on my pizza. Everyone liked it so much they went back for more and ordered that kind!
After Rich, Lily and I went to the Vatican the next morning, it was time to head to the airport. We ended up having our flight delayed for 3 hours due to a horrific windstorm in Northern Europe (you may have seen the plane trying to land in Hamburg, Germany in the very same storm on the news in the last few days). We were lucky that we originally had a 4 hour layover in Amsterdam, so we did barely make our connecting flight to Sola, Norway. We did our own swaying and swinging in the stiff wind landing here. But we are back, back to our normal routines and I have finally finished blogging our trip and doing the laundry! Yahoo!!!!

No comments: