The Messina Family

The Messina Family
Barcelona 2010

Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Warm Summer for Rogaland





Rogaland is the region within Norway in which we live. It has been WARM this summer. I have to say that I had my doubts when I actually had to turn on Lily's heat in her room one night soon after returning from the U.S. in late June. However, it cleared up and it has been warm and sunny for the most part. Actually, most of the Norwegians are MELTING....not complaining at all...I have seen more Norwegians in their skivvies than I care to mention. I think it's that lack of Vitamin D thing they have going...once the sun is out, the more skin that is exposed for the Vitamin D from the sun, the better. It makes taking the kids to the beach a bit sketchy. We haven't been to the beach hardly at all...we decided to stick around home. Our neighbors have an inground trampoline and above ground pool. They enjoy having other kids to entertain their 11 year old son, who has both Down's Syndrome and autism. Here's some pictures of us living it up in the Joa's yard.

No comments: