The Messina Family

The Messina Family
Barcelona 2010

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Random shots


Okay, is this udder abnormally large or is it just me?

I mean really...this cow is a bit better endowed than the others!

Lily loving our walk to see all the lifestock!


Here's the head of the group...she was not thrilled that I had a yapping little puppy with me.

For anyone that has ever breastfed a child...can you say OUCH????

Ah...the cows that keep trying to drink milk from other cows get these doohickies...like big plastic clip-on noserings. They poke the udder of the milking cow and she won't let them suckle. They are used to wean the calves and also for the lesbian cows. (a direct quote from my Norwegian neighbor when I asked about them...even adult females love a good swig of milk now and then I guess)

Rich picking blackberries nearby our house..
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5246716480383076210" />
These still need a week or so to ripen...

These are the cows, getting all lined up to go and be milked. They line up at the right time every day (twice a day) and evidently the smartest one is the lead and is always in front. It is just kind of bizarre to watch...
I have been quite busy with various projects over the last two weeks. I feel like I am not sure if I am coming or going half of the time. However, I wanted to post some of these random pictures I took over the last week. Nothing important, just stuff I want to share.

1 comment:

Lori Lynn said...

Those are udderly ridiculous! I have never seen udders so large. No wonder they are lining up to be milked.

I love your blog. It is full of interesting and beautiful stuff.

Thanks for sharing.

Lori W