The Messina Family

The Messina Family
Barcelona 2010

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Introducing the new karate kid!








I may have mentioned that I started to take TaeKwon-Do classes this fall. I have studied Kempo Karate (Chinese) and Okinawan ShorinRyu Karate. I was humbled to be awarded black belts in both of these martial arts. Now I am going Korean...and studying TaeKwon-Do. I am loving my classes! I used to take Kempo with my boys when they were younger. My oldest son has a jr. black belt and Tim has a brown belt in Kempo. It was something we loved doing together. Lily is officially starting in January when she turns 4, but because I was recruited to help out with the Little Puma's class, our instructor said that she could start attending class now. She is very shy so I wasn't sure how this was going to work out. However, this girl can kick! She does a fabulous job with padwork and really enjoys her Little Puma's class. So watch out for the Messina women!

No comments: