The Messina Family

The Messina Family
Barcelona 2010

Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall in Norway













On Sunday, October 12th (Happy Birthday wishes to my sister, Pam!), we went decided to take some family pictures for our Christmas cards. We learned the hard way last year that if we wanted a nature scene around us, we shouldn't wait until November. First off, there is only about 6 hours of daylight each day and most of those 6 hours are rainy. Norway reminds me of New England this time of year, with the leaves changing and starting to fall. It is by far my favorite time of year. We have a brilliant yellow tree right outside the steps of St. Svithun's (our church) and so Fr. Oddvar took the honors of taking some of the shots. We then moved to the Hafrsfjord near our home and took some pictures by the fjord. We attempted this last year in November and nearly got blown over by gale-force winds. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks; I took the pictures 3-4 weeks earlier this year! :o)

3 comments:

Lori Lynn said...

Beautiful! It's just starting to feel like Fall today. Chloe cried and cried this morning that I wouldn't let her wear Summer clothes to school. Her father and I had to double-team to get her dressed for pre-school. She even refused to take her sweater (which we packed).

I just checked on her this morning and she was so cold she didn't want to play outside. I think she finally realized Mom was right!

Lori W

Julie said...

great pictures! You are so on the ball. My inspiration! If you posted them all, what are you sending out for Christmas?

The Thomas Crew said...

Those are awesome, Cyndi! It's great to be back in touch with y'all again. I was also very amused by the sheep shearing competition post. What a great experience!