The Messina Family

The Messina Family
Barcelona 2010

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Tim!




Tim is 14 today! He was pretty excited to be the same age as most of the other freshmen...finally! He has grown and changed so much in the last year....many of the people who meet him here mistake him for being much older. He has grown an inch and a half since July 1st, so he's still sprouting up. As an avid hoopster, that's just how he wants it. He always tells me that 6'6" would be good but he'd be happy with 6'3" or 6'4". I don't know where he thinks he'll get those giant genes, but ya never know. :o)

What did Tim get for his birthday? A lot of books on basketball. He loves to learn about the nuances of the game. He knows so much trivia, it amazes me. He got another Celtics t-shirt (I guess you can't have too many of those) and then a Creighton basketball hoody. (just in time for the cooler weather that rolled in yesterday) For those of you who don't know about Creighton...it's the #1 basketball school around here. It's a Catholic university that has a wonderful medical/dental/health field programs. Tim wants to go into nutrition and personal training. It's 20 minutes' drive from our house, so I am somewhat hoping he gives it a look. :o)

Anyways, I am very proud of the young man that Tim is becoming. He is really coming into his own with school and sports. He's a great big brother to Lily and I think our neighbors may want to adopt him. :o) (Their boys have left home now and Tim goes over almost every night after dinner to play basketball with their dad.) I look forward to seeing what he can do during his high school years. He is really blossoming here and I love watching it.

Happy 14th Birthday, Tim! We love you!

No comments: