The Messina Family

The Messina Family
Barcelona 2010

Monday, January 26, 2009

Xin Nian Kuai le !




Happy Chinese New Year! Today, January 26th, 2009, is the beginning of Chinese year 4706...the year of the Ox. If your birthday in 2009 can be divided equally by 12, you are an Ox. My sister, Pam, is an ox.
What are some traits of the ox? They are born leaders and inspire those around them. They are conservative, methodical and good with their hands. They can be chauvinistic and they demand their own way. (I am pleading the 5th if you want to ask me if any of these traits are evident in my sister.)
Some famous Oxen: Meg Ryan, B.B. King, Colin Powell, Gerald Ford, Eddie Murphy, Walt Disney, Vincent Van Gough, Princess Diana, Jim Carey and Barbara Bush.

Lily and I would like to wish you a wonderful New Year! The Chinese New Year is celebrated for 15 days, and ends with the Lantern Festival. Here's to the year of the ox!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I heard on the news today that Pres. Obama is also an ox! Happy Chinese New Year! I can't walk tomorrow but I can Wednesday before I pick Becka up!