The Messina Family

The Messina Family
Barcelona 2010

Friday, February 8, 2008

Aberdeen bound!



Joe left Thursday afternoon from school to get on an airplane with 12 other teammates to go to Aberdeen, Scotland for a basketball tournament. The tournament consists of 6 international schools: International School of Stavanger (Norway), International School of Aberdeen (Scotland), Grampian (Scotland), London (England), Egham (England) and a team from Turkey. Joe and his team plays three teams on Friday and then two on Saturday. There are families from the International School of Aberdeen that are housing all the basketball players from all these schools. Most families have at least two boys staying at their house. What a gracious gift!
The ISS basketball coach, Ms. Vaught, said "no tie, no fly" so here is what Joe looked like as he left for school on Thursday morning. The slanted ceiling makes him look 9 feet tall. No worries...he's still about 5'8". (at least for this week)
I was supposed to go with him but I have been very sick for the last 6 days. I am finally starting to feel human again, but missed my opportunity to go to the tournament. Maybe next year!
The team gets back around 1400 on Sunday. Go Vikings!

2 comments:

The Thomas Crew said...

Love catching up with y'all. Go Joe! Can't wait to hear how it turns out.

jtguttman said...

I'm so sorry you weren't able to go! I know how much you were looking forward to it. How did the game go? I'm sure it was a lot of fun.

I love the "Rich resting his eyes" photo. How funny!